Back to School Supplies Haul

Saturday, August 01, 2015

So it's official, we've entered the month of August which happens to be the same month many of us return back to school after a long summer holiday. To be frankly honest, I think I'm looking forward to going back to school because the thought of going out SOMEWHERE every day seems slightly more interesting than half of this summer where I have sat in my house painfully bored all day.
So I have purchased my school supplies for this year and as I am entering my 5th year in school, I am beginning a new cycle in the education system to prepare for the oh so gorgeous Leaving Cert. This means that I am pretty much buying supplies as if I am entering secondary school for my first year, and as I am also going to a new school, I want a fresh start - that including the supplies I use!
So I'm going to stop rambling now and begin...


So this is the school bag that I have gotten for this year. In actual fact I purchased it in February as I fell in love with it and could just not wait until the summer to buy it! It has 3 exterior compartments - two at the side and one in front. While inside the bag, there are two medium sized pockets to store a variety of small things in. 
The bag itself is from Superdry and you will find it here: http://www.superdry.com/womens/bags/details/51707/hawaiian-leaves-rucksack

This is the pencil case that I am using this year. I bought this while on my holiday to Salou in Spain in a very creative store in the market. It looks small but it can hold all of this...
And so above is all the things I am storing in this pencil case, all the essentials. I have a sharpener also but I could not find it although I was 100% sure I put it into the pencil case. Look at me already, school hasn't even started and I'm already losing things. Typical! 
I have a lot more pens and pencils than that but I have decided to keep them away and let them be my spares in case I lose a pen or pencil, which is more than likely to happen, probably even in the first week of returning. 
So above I just have my geometry set, a rubber, tippex, a calculator, 3 blue ink pens, 3 pencils, 3 multi coloured pens with red, black, blue and green, 4 highlighters, a glue stick and those mini post it notes.

I bought these 4 binders to stay organised. Two are pink and two are purple, they're folded into each other, to explain why that's hard to see. Two of them are for my English class and the other two, I'm not sure what they'll be for yet - perhaps my two other languages.



I also bought these dividers to dissolve even deeper into the organisation.

These are the hardbacks and copies I have bought for this year. Not the prettiest of choices, I am very aware of that but I plan to do some serious DIY to these, especially to the black ones. I have 7 subjects I am taking this year so I want to be well prepared for notes. With that, all my supplies are finished! 

Now for the shoes. Now I know you're probably thinking "Okay Sophie but...what are those.." Well firstly, I spent 3-4 hours I believe, searching for a nice pair of black shoes that were appropriate as I have to wear a uniform and it was torture as nothing suited my liking. I resolved to these as more just settling rather than happily taking them. But they're not too bad, I'd rate them a 5 maybe? I'm sure I'll grow to like them and on the plus side they are very comfy!

These are the trainers I bought for my PE or gym class. They are the Adidas ZX Flux and I do agree that they are an interesting choice with such a design and the colours but personally, I like them a lot and I'm excited to wear them. I have also been in need of a good pair of running shoes and these are perfect for that cause!

And that is my back to school supplies haul.
Thank you and I hope you enjoyed reading this and wish you all to have a lovely day.

"Have you no respect for me? Why don't you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord, define the ocean's sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar, but they can never pass the boundaries I set."
Jeremiah 5:22

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts