Am I the only one hearing the sound of wedding bells?

Monday, August 24, 2015

I believe it is true to say that Summer is one season that is known for many pleasant things and events that take place during the sun scorching season. And one of those lovely affairs are the oh so magical weddings that occur! I am very lucky to have just attended one this weekend in Kent, England. It was the wedding of my lovely aunty who I am delighted for as she now enters a whole new perspective of life.
I had been anticipating for this wedding for months now and now that it has finally happened, I'm not so sure what to do with myself haha! Everything went according to plan, of course, seeing as God was the ultimate organiser of the event. Many people, including myself, flew from Ireland to attend the wedding and the turn-out was brilliant. The Irish really showed their presence with laughter and shouts of joy. After all, a wedding is a time of celebration and happiness.

Our flight was early in the morning so that meant very little sleep, which I only later realised was the situation with most weddings. Very little sleep. To the airport I decided to go for a more comfortable outfit that still looked presentable. I went for ripped jeans from A&F, original black and white superstars trainers from Adidas, a big handbag from New Look and a tee-dress from Adidas which I just tucked in to make it a t-shirt alone. This was paired with very minimal makeup and Mac's Diva lipstick. 



Once we arrived, we headed to car rental service where my mum rented a car for the first time in her life. This was a very funny experience at the beginning, trying to figure out how to work the car but after a short amount of time, as we gained more confidence, it became more relaxed and quite easy to say the least. We headed to the hotel which was around a 45 minute drive from the airport and then later visited a friend of my mum's house where we ate and had a really lovely time with her two children.
As this was the day before the wedding, I learnt that things were quite busy at the hotel, as we were staying at the same hotel as the bride and her family. We had to help with some things but all was well and my best friend happened to be a part of the bride's family so we were able to enjoy ourselves also.

Fastforward to the day of the wedding itself. That morning was extremely busy from trying to eat breakfast quickly to people getting their hair and makeup done to trying to sort out last minute things but to the glory of God, we managed quite well! The wedding ceremony began at 12pm and we made it in time. The dress I wore was a long, baby pink dress which I had gotten as a present from my mum. I did my makeup myself that day using the NAKED palette from Urban Decay and the Estee Lauder Deluxe Eyeshadow Compact palette on my eyes and Mac Rebel lipstick with Mac Cyber World lipliner on my lips.



The bride herself, however, looked absolutely stunning. Her makeup was flawless, her hair was so neatly and so perfectly put together and all her dresses were beautiful. She truly looked like a queen throughout the whole day and I was very proud to call her my aunty. She also showed some great dance moves and altogether seemed like she had a splendid time with happiness showing all over her face and in her smile.



The reception was lovely and the food there was very well made. I was full by the time the party was over. Thanks be to God, the weather during the day matched the occasion with the sun beating down at over 30 degrees Celsius, making the day truly enjoyable in every single aspect as the couple so deserved. 
At the reception, many people spoke on each side of the couple about how great people they both are and it was so nice to hear. The two partners seem very alike in personality by what was told of each and everybody was truly happy for the two. There was a lot of dancing and jokes told which really livened up the event. Every bit of time and hard work that was put into the programme was done justice as in the end it was a merry day.

This photo with my family was taken outside the church and I liked it too much to leave it out of this post.

The next day was the Thanksgiving service in church and that also proved to be wonderful. The church was being led by the youths in the particular church for that month so it was a blessing to be able to see how God is using the youth of our generation to glorify His name. The praise and worship was very lively and the preaching was powerful indeed. I believe that God is going to use this generation of ours to cause a revival and I pray that you too are included in working for the glory of God and his Kingdom. 
For the service, I wore a pink and white dress from Dorothy Perkins with a white scarf and some nude heels. The necklace was from Topshop I believe and my lipstick again was Mac's Diva lipstick.

All in all, the turn out of the weekend was amazing and I can honestly say was one of my highlights of the whole Summer. I pray that God blesses the couple and all that helped in making this ceremony possible for it was excellent indeed and a lovely way to end the Summer! 

I hope you enjoyed reading this and make sure to follow and leave a comment if you please. Have a lovely day.

"He must become greater; I must become less."
John 3:30

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts